Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We’re Here for You : Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
At Members United Credit Union, our employees’, members’, and communities’ well-being are important to us. We’re monitoring the latest news about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking steps to ensure the availability of our services to members. As part of our business continuity plan, we have a formal pandemic plan in place to help ensure we can provide ongoing critical service levels to our members. You can depend on us during times like this, especially if you need our help.
Health & Safety
Here are some proactive steps MUCU is taking to keep employees and members safe:
**In an effort to protect the health and safety of our members, communities, and employees, we are closing our lobbies and servicing our members through drive-thru locations only, beginning March 18th until further notice.**
- We’ve ensured that our branches, including ATM screens and keypads, are routinely cleaned with disinfectants.
- All branch lobbies have been supplied with hand sanitizer, Lysol, and disinfectant wipes for employee and member use.
- Employees have been provided with up-to-date information on how to stay healthy and how to avoid illness through proper hygiene practices.
- Employees are instructed to stay home when they are not feeling well. We have assembled a pandemic team to frequently meet to review, monitor, and adjust operations as the situation changes to ensure the continuation of critical business functions.
- For security reasons, we ask that members please refrain from wearing medical masks or anything that covers your face inside the branch. All of our branches are equipped with full-service drive-thrus, which are available to all members wishing to wear such protective gear.
- We also ask for the safety of our members and employees, that if you are experiencing cough, fever, or shortness of breath to please refrain from visiting our branches at this time.
- For the most up-to-date information about the virus, including best practices for preventing illness, please visit the Center for Disease Control’s resource center.
Convenient & Safe Remote Access
At this time, our lobbies are closed, but our drive-thru locations remain open during normal business hours. We also have our safe & convenient remote banking options listed below:
- Online Banking: With 24/7 FREE online banking, you can view your account balances, transfer funds, make loan payments, pay bills online, and more utilizing your laptop, desktop, or tablet!
§ Enroll in Online Banking
- Mobile: Have FREE 24/7 access to your account so you can check balances, pay bills, deposit checks, and more right from your mobile device! Click on the appropriate device link below to download our mobile app today!
- Teller 24 (Telephone banking): Convenient telephone banking gives you access to your account and is an easy way to perform transactions over the phone 24/7. Call 888.212.1191 to access FREE MUCU telephone banking.
- ATM: Need cash on the go? Visit one of our MUCU ATMs or utilize ATMs across the nation that includes the Cirrus, Credit Union 24 or Star network.
- Bill Pay: Pay all of your bills online with no additional cost! Save time and money for stamps, envelopes, and avoid late fees. Enroll in bill pay through online banking.
- Online Loan Applications: In the market for a new vehicle or just need some extra cash? No need to come into a branch! Click HERE to apply online today!
*Please make sure your mobile phone number, email address, and mobile banking alerts are up-to-date for all of your accounts.*
The outbreak of COVID-19 and the threats are changing rapidly. We will continue to monitor the effects of the virus and communicate with you through our normal communication channels or publish information prominently on our website and social media platforms, as needed. As conditions evolve, know that we are committed to serving our members. Thank you for being a valued member of MUCU!
CUNA MUTUAL TO END LIFE SAVINGS INSURANCE
At CMFG Life Insurance Company, we regularly evaluate our products to ensure we are delivering value to the credit unions and members we serve. Due to a significant decline in demand from credit unions and their members, we have made the difficult decision to exit the Life Savings product currently offered to you through Members United Credit Union. Life Savings was developed more than 75 years ago and has been in a steady state of decline for the last several years. Life Savings is structured as a monthly policy where premium paid only covers the next month rather than building equity over time.
Per the terms of our contract, your group policy will expire on November 30, 2013. All claims incurred on or before December 31, 2013 will be honored.
We know many of you value the peace of mind and security that life insurance provides. Thatâ€™s why we wanted you to know you can convert your Life Savings coverage to a guaranteed issue Primary Protection Plan, underwritten by CMFG Life Insurance Company. This new policy would provide life insurance coverage up to $4,000. If you decide to take advantage of the conversion option, you must apply by December 31, 2013. You will be responsible for premium payments, and your new policy will be effective after you complete the application process. Your premiums will be based on your age at time of application.
Conversion is simple. Just request, complete, and return an application with your first premium payment directly to CMFG Life Insurance Company by December 31, 2013, in order to receive coverage. To request the application, call 855.728.5205 to speak with a fully licensed insurance representative. Our staff will review your situation with you and provide guidance to ensure you have the right type and amount of insurance protection for you and your family based on your current and future needs.
Please contact CMFG Life Insurance Company at 855.728.5205 with any questions.
Executive Vice President, Chief Products Officer
CUNA Mutual Group
NCUA INSURANCE CALL CENTER
NCUA now has insurance experts available to answer questions about the coverage provided by NCUA share insurance. Call toll free Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 6:30pm, at 1-800-755-1030, ext 1. Members can also get useful information online using the NCUA electronic tool kit.
We offer mortgage loans through Credit Union Financial Services (CUFS), a company organized to serve credit union members' mortgages.
- Fast and versatile service - one page application.
- Lower closing costs - fixed according to loan amount.
- Very competitive rates - fixed and adjustable rate mortgages available.
- Purchase, refinance, & 1st time buyer programs.
To apply or be pre-qualified see one of our loan officers or for 24/7 service, go to the CUFS website link below.
VERIFIED BY VISA - IS YOUR DEBIT CARD SAFE?
Do you make purchases online using your credit union Debit Card? Make sure your Debit Card information is safe. We have added Verified by Visa to our arsenal of protection for our members. If you plan to use your Debit Card online, you must register with Verified by Visa.
INSUFFICIENT FUNDS NOTIFICATION
Beginning January 1, 2012, we will no longer be sending out Overdraft Notices by U.S. Mail to all members when an account is overdrawn. We are instead offering our members the option to receive Overdraft Notices by email.
Are you signed up for Teller24, our 24 hour telephone banking system. By calling 229-439-1191 or 1-888-212-1191 and entering your account number and a 4 digit PIN, you can check balances and cleared transactions, transfer funds and even order checks. Call us today for more information or to sign up.
NOTICE OF CHANGES IN TEMPORARY NCUA INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR TRANSACTION ACCOUNTS
All funds in a noninterest-bearing transaction account are insured in full by the National Credit Union Administration through December 31, 2012. This temporary unlimited coverage is in addition to, and separate from, the coverage of at least $250,000 available to members under the NCUA's general share insurance rules.
The term noninterest-bearing transaction account includes a traditional share draft account (or demand deposit account) on which the insured credit union pays no interest or dividend. It does not include any transaction account that may earn interest or dividends, a negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) account, money-market deposit account, and Interest on Lawyers Trust Account (IOLTA), even if shares drafts may be drawn on the account.
For more information visit www.ncua.gov.
FUNDS AVAILABILITY POLICY CHANGE
Our Funds Availability Policy explains when funds from deposits to certain accounts you have with us will be available for withdrawal. This Notice describes a change to that policy statement. This change was effective July 21, 2011. If you have any questions about this change, please contact us.
Our previous policy disclosure described certain circumstances when the first $100 of a deposit would be available on the first business day after the day of deposit. The remaining funds from the deposit would be available at a later date. After the effective date of the change, the amount that will be available on the first business day after the day of deposit increased from $100 to $200. For the complete policy click on the link below.
Beware of smishing scams!
Several Georgia credit unions have reported their members are receiving text messages from phone number: 678-230-6958. See below for a sample of that text:
# GEORGIA CREDIT UNION ALERT: your card #479144 has been temporarily deactivated> Please call our 24hr office (678) 230-6958.
Do not respond to this or any similar text message or email. We will never contact you ...by text or email and ask for account information. This is a smishing scam.
Smishing is a form of criminal activity using social engineering techniques similar to phishing. The name is derived from "SMs phISHING". SMS (Short Message Service) is the technology used for text messages on cell phones.
Similar to phishing, smishing uses cell phone text messages to deliver the "bait" to get you to divulge your personal information. The "hook" (the method used to actually "capture" your information) in the text message may be a web site URL, however it has become more common to see a phone number that connects to automated voice response system.